AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drainage question??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 3/20/2008 23:06 (#338298 - in reply to #338188)
Subject: Re: Drainage question??

southern MN
If you are not familiar with drainage issues, be real sure you will gain anything from that 2 acres for the kind of hostility you could create. Lifelong enemies for neighbors would not be worth it to me for 2 acres. You have a situation I'm not familiar with tho - installing irrigation, & a wet spot.... Interesting combination!

Here you would not be allowed to run a tile into a county road ditch.

Here you have a hard time tiling anything at all any more, the Greenies have control....

Anyhow, running tile from your property to wherever water is supposed to flow to go down stream is a good idea, can work well.

Messing with the neighbors..... I'd be real sure of what I was doing. You might have legal ways to do this, there are water flow laws & such, you'd have to check your state laws on this. It could be legal to flood your neighbors, but with the berm on their property & exsisting for a long time I think you will have a tough time getting that to fly. Depends on your state tho. If it were a sizable chunk of land, would be a bigger issue. If it's just 2 acres, not sure it is worth it? I'd not be real happy if someone bought land & wanted to flood me out right away. You had oppertunity to look it over before you bought it.....

In a similar situation as your neighbors a year ago, I bought the property before someone could & flood me out. And they asked about connecting to my tile before they bid on it....... :) I put an end to that.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)