AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help comparing Greenstar and Trimble RTK
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 1/29/2008 21:37 (#296423 - in reply to #296122)
Subject: RE: Help comparing Greenstar and Trimble RTK

Leesburg, Ohio
Sorry I missed your email, Deereman...must have not made it thru the spam filter. The Baseline unit is great for taking the drift out of the WAAS system, but I don't think it is going to be quite accurate enough for strip till. The other issue is, there's no good way to save the A-B lines, so no repeatability. As far as using it for a one-pass system, it works great, and has been less "quirky" and more accurate than our EZ Steer that we use on our sprayer tractor.

We have a great local dealer for Autofarm, and I have heard nothing but good reviews. I think we are going to do a demo of Autofarm, but we are leaning toward Greenstar or Trimble/Ag Leader because of the versatility...controlling sprayers, planter, yield mapping... I think Autofarm will be able to do most of that except harvest.

Since we are mostly green, I like the idea of "plug and play" between equipment, but I think Trimble has the edge on accuracy...Deere's literature claims 1" only 68% of the time, where most others are 1" 95% of the time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)