AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best Tag retention
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jacob Bolson
Posted 1/2/2008 21:36 (#274117 - in reply to #273752)
Subject: RE: Best Tag retention

Iowa
dbmaguet - 1/2/2008 15:24

Was wondering what you all think is the best tag for retention on cattle. We use the Allflex Maxi Tags (yellow tag with black ink) We have to have nice large numbers but it seems like the cattle end up loosing a lot of tags. I'll sometimes find some just in the grain troughs, so I wonder if they don't bite them off from each other??? The other culprit is bale feeders, aside from that, there is absolutely no twine anywhere to get caught in or anything of that nature. Have heard that Z tags seem to hold a lot better... the only thing I don't like changing the application system because the RFID buttons are Allflex. So what do you all use? happy with the tags or not?

TIA

I know very little about livestock-specific RFID tags but as long as the Z RFID eartags operate in the same frequency band as the Allflex RFID eartag (LF, HF, UHF, etc.), you *should* be able to continue using your Allflex application. The big catch is if the Allflex system can be reprogrammed with the EPC numbers of your new tags.

Edited by Jacob Bolson 1/2/2008 21:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)