AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tempted in strip till...got questions!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MRKIRK
Posted 3/9/2008 00:56 (#329499 - in reply to #201598)
Subject: Re: Tempted in strip till...got questions!

Hey Plowmaster..
The rolling baskets [spider gangs] work great for this purpose. When you speak of modifiying your Lilliston machine here is a thought. My brothers rolling cultivator has 16" spiders and I use them to run over the top of the rows in spring. The spider has such complex settings with agressions that you can do just about anything along with your speed settings. I run a single pair of spiders [1 only with a leg on each side] in the front of my bar off tube attachment brackets, then the larger spider gang assemblies follow with each set at opposite angles and agressions. I got this setup from a place called 100Th Meridian Mfg. in Cozad Ne.
This company also offers or has had customers whom modified their linkages.They can email you or send pictures of what they have or can do. The rolling cultivators really work the best and are diverse in what they do as multiple jobs. From cultivation practice, seed bed prep, to being used like a rotary hoe.
The company that builds these rolling machines is unique and offers a more improved and better built design than Lilliston once did.. Alot of changes have been put into these hybrid machines [compared to older Lillistons] making them very user friendly and durable. Much better down pressure than the lillistons. A rolling hybrid cultivator moves dirt horizontally and you can move from 7 to 10 mph, yet still killing the weed. Machine was once prior built by Fasses [Prior home of the fasse hyd valve. at JD] but now has many improvements and changes since being built now by 100TH Meridian Mfg. in Cozad NE.

The hybrid rolling cultivator, seed bed conditioner, or rotary hoe type machine has a Quick pin adjust clamp for rotating the spiders and keeping them locked in place as well as 4 positions left and right. One row is set and all the others can be exactly the same when using this clamp. The Quick pin adjust clamp also fits KMC,Alloway and Lilliston pipes. The older cast lilliston clamp also fits the wings on the Series III 2x4 tree manufactured. The row units can be round pipe or 2x4 units. The cultivator offers rear shank adjustments [side to side or up & down] for your outer guess rows. The Paralell contains bushings that are 1/4" thick, full length, & greasable. The face plates of the parallell linkage can also be rotated or turned upside down to gain more or less row height clearances.

5,4,3,& 2 spider gangs [16"] are available as well as individual spiders or gang brgs. Hardfaced spiders are common and offered. The company also manuafctures a heavy duty spider scraper that cleans out the gangs very well in moist or trashy conditions. This machine is wonderful and will not plug in trash. This machine is what I would call a newer improved & user friendly version of the older Lilliston machines. Tent shields or open tops are also available for purchase. Overall a GREAT machine for the money. Remember that we only want to work the top soil and not 8 " deep. The rolling hybrid does not boil the soil as a shank or disc machines would, nor does it slab like some competitors on the market. Check out www.100thmeridianmfg.com. Sorry to go on and on..Hope that I have helped..

Kirk
Forever Farms Inc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)