AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tempted in strip till...got questions!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 9/11/2007 01:00 (#201827 - in reply to #201473)
Subject: Strip till video - thank you - spring vs fall in corn stalks etc

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Thanks for the video "Clay"! It really shows the conditions well. It is hard to convey to folks that were not there just how hard and dry that field was. Although your tillage demo video shows clearly how hard those big tractors were working. Joe has done a great job in evolving the Pluribus to handle a lot of corn residue!

I am not familiar with how the "youtube" video site works, but as I finished viewing your strip till video, Agboy's spring video was right below it.

Marc was stripping into cornstalks also but in the spring rather than fall with our Dawn units on another company's toolbar.

It is interesting to see the difference in the strips made into cornstalks in the spring vs in the fall right next to each other on the internet! Amazing!  True one is hard dry fall ILL corn and one probably wet softer spring SD corn but it shows why I like to strip into cornstalks in the spring rather than the fall.

Joe is due for a bit of vacation and lobbying for a demo trip to Canada/upstate NY with our 6 row strip till bar. Hopefully we can get a number of folks together.

LaGue (JD) in St Hyacinthe is a good dealer for us, maybe Bernard could line up a field and some more folks in that area in October.

Thanks again for the video. Nice to meet you and family.

Jim at Dawn

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)