AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why Plant Double-crop Soybeans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Tim Cooke
Posted 8/20/2007 22:39 (#190530 - in reply to #190400)
Subject: Saw a little more leaf damage than I like today........

DC beans. Nothing there Saturday. Tonight just before dark I walked in for fun and found about 15% leaf eating. Found one clover looper, one grasshopper, and one earworm. That's all for tonight. Going to look again in the morning. Maybe hit it with Orthene this week. Beans about knee high. May add a pt of Ru to clean up a little seedling Johnsongrass that is hanging around. This farm got one inch of rain last night..........No rain on the ones to the east or west of it. Spot shower. Maybe that caused the insect bloom. But, I can't see them eating that much in 24 hours.

You know why the custom guy makes you wait. Just like you, he will take care of the people that feed him every year. Not just when they are in trouble. You would do the same thing.

I don't understand how they are getting away with running so many beans down in your area. I see some around here doing the same thing and the people must like it. I sure don't. And don't get me started on all the "Pies" that they leave on some ends. I might double spray too much, but I don't like missing anything. One pigweed seeds out..........yikes.

I am not convinced that the rust tips are going to be able to get the job done as pictured. We will see.....

Oh, our CRC price on corn is 4.08 this year. Beans at 8.02 I think. Can't remember wheat.

I think I have 150 corn this year. Dad says 75. One of us is going to be very wrong. Hope it is him.........

Tim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)