AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why Plant Double-crop Soybeans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 8/20/2007 20:59 (#190400 - in reply to #190091)
Subject: RE: Fear is a powerful thing........

Brazilton KS

The money I have spent on ASR amounts to a maximum of maybe $1000.  I changed my pump to achieve higher pressures and did some plumbing related to that (all of which needed to be done anyway) two years ago, plus I have a set of tips laying in the parts room.  I debated the wisdom of having the product in the warehouse but didn't do it....having the same debate today.  Also 'invested' in about a 40% overplant of corn, which makes the rust spraying thing a lot more manageable. 

Already beentheredonethat on the "have to spray it all yesterday" situation with corn earworms in soybeans, which seem to pretty much be a part of the soybean business here at this point in time.   My experience is that you better have a plan to get it done yourself because the custom sprayer is going to have all his regular customers to worry about also.   I also haven't been very fond of the job any custom operator has done in big beans.   They will easily run over twice what I do, unless you are talking about the flyboys.  When those guys run down crops it tends to be a bad day. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)