AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hey dairy guys, ration question...how much corn silage are you feeding per cow/ day?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

yongfarmer89
Posted 11/28/2011 20:47 (#2073255 - in reply to #2073050)
Subject: Re: hey dairy guys, ration question...how much corn silage are you feeding per cow/ day?

whitesville new york
Well we feed about 12lbs dry mAtter. This is not the best place to grow corn either. I also feed 5 lbs dm of nice 2nd and 3rd hay ( alfalfa grass mix) about 10lbs haylAge and free choise late first cutting hay. With up to 16lbs of a complete mix grain that varys on What I'm feeding and pasture condition. I may not make the most milk (avergage about 45 lbs a cow) but I seem to make good componets (4<fat on all stored feed as low as 3.5 on pasture 3> protein). I know were your at land is pricy and that there is alot of hay from up here head that direction. I know of 1 other guy that feeds a similar ration to mine. Every1 else pushes more corn silage. It's more of a prefferance thing but personly like taking mutie cuttings over the rush to plant and chop corn on a wet year. I know you have. Longer growing season too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)