AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whats Your Opinion On These Girls Ever Getting Married
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Stormwatcher
Posted 3/13/2011 09:40 (#1667356 - in reply to #1667189)
Subject: Re: Whats Your Opinion On These Girls

WCMO-SWMO Area
martin - 3/13/2011 00:22

"If you marry the right person it doesnt end in divorce..I and lots of our friends are going on 30-40 years."

That may be true.  However, you DO know what the statistics are, don't you? 
If you don't, you need to be educated into the times as they are today.

You seem to really be down on marriage..If it wasnt for the love of my wonderful wife I probably wouldnt be alive right now..I was a mess before she came along..My wife had two strikes against her...She came from a broken home and she was abused by a step brother...We have lasted over 30 years..

Here are the statistics on diviorce.

!st marriage 41%
2nd marriage 60%
3rd marriage 73%

I know these statistics all too well..One close family member has been divorced 3 times and widowed once.Another is on his 2nd and the woman hes married to is on her 4th.Of all my close high school friends I'm the only one on my 1st marriage but I waited later to get married.Most are still on their 2nd marriage.

At the place where I worked there were 5 of us that are good friends..As of 1 year ago all of us were on our 1st marriage with a combined total of 146 years.We all have farm backgrounds.

As of right now my friend isnt looking and I will support her in what she choses....If I were a betting man I'll say that she never dates or gets married..Believe me if I were doing anything to upset her,she would quickly tell me to take a hike...Thats another thing I like about her is you know exactly where you stand with her...

I had an aunt that never dated until she was 46..She then met a very nice bachelor farmer and they spent 35 wonderful years together before he passed away.So you just never know.

I do realize that marriage isnt for everyone. A real good friend is in his late 50's and has never been married.At this point I dont ever see him ever getting married but he has been out with several women.He dated a friend of mine but they just werent right for each other.

Edited by Stormwatcher 3/13/2011 17:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)