AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Marketing Service ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ryank
Posted 9/24/2010 22:19 (#1373068)
Subject: Marketing Service ??

SE Nebraska

Let me start off by saying I don't have the knowledge of marketing that I need.  I went through college in an agronomy program.  So I hire a marketing service.  With the thought that I do what Iam good at, and they do what they are good at.  I have been farming about 7 years, young farmer, baby on the way, lots of dreams and not enough cash.

The marketing service that I subsribe to costs what I would consider to be a premium price.  They have me about 70% priced at expected production at an average price of about $4.10 futures on corn. This was accomplished almost solely on cash sales (no options, HTA's, etc)

Question 1: Is there a way we could have stayed in the market and capture some of this upswing without losing my tail to margin calls?

Question 2:  Is it right of me to be very pissed at this marketing service for basically dropping the ball on my behalf?  I know no one can see into the future, but it seems to me that there should be ways of keeping yourself in the game.

I feel kind of greedy even asking that last question.  But like I said baby on the way, too many dreams not enough $$.  The difference in my price and what the market is paying now would have meant a ton to me.

Thanks for any insite.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)