AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who buys the wheat?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

rank
Posted 9/22/2010 22:44 (#1370394 - in reply to #1370239)
Subject: Re: who buys the wheat?

SEON
illini81 - 9/22/2010 21:36
Probably your best tool to avoid getting taken advantage of is to know how much it costs to truck from your farm to the port.

Fuel, driver, maintenance, depreciation & ammortization I figure at least $300 round trip not counting any waiting time there may or may not be at the port.....or the field.

And, fwiw, $.54 seems like a heckuva wide spread for 100 miles trucking. at 4 bucks a running mile, I'll drive the truck!!! Also, seems especially wide because he has no handling costs.

It will be going through his drier and I pay the drying cost. I assumed the elevator fees for the drier are included in the $-1.45 ---- but I should confirm that.

So if we take out $300 trucking cost, he's got ~$500 or so left to pay his elevation costs, waiting time in the field and the elevator and all the costs associated with owning and operating the bins. I don't begrudge him that. Plus he will more than likely carry it a few months to profit another $.30/bu or so.

I just can't help but wonder what basis he is getting from the processors. I'm just the curious sort I guess.

Edited by rank 9/22/2010 23:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)