AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Elevator Contract question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 9/21/2010 00:47 (#1367895 - in reply to #1367009)
Subject: Re: landlord contract question?

Leesburg, Ohio
At the request of all our share-crop landlords, we do all their grain marketing, making sales for them when we do our own sales of grain from their farms. All grain from those farms is sold 50/50, so they get the same price for the same number of bushels as i get.

One problem we are having in the last couple years, is some elevators (ADM to name one) will no longer write a contract in more than one person's name. If I want to sell grain from a 50/50 farm, they fairce me to write a contract in my name, and another seperate contract in the landlord's name. That all sounds fine, until I start delivering grain from my own farms, and they apply it to one of my "50/50" contracts that is in my name, but is really for my share of a land-lord split. Then things get ugly.

I think there are two causes of this problem. 1) Corporate legal departments that don't have a clue about 50/50 farm rental agreements. 2) Computer systems designed by people who don't have a clue about 50/50 farm rental agreements.

Sorry for hi-jack...end of ramble.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)