AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Irrational Bubble market of 2010.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 9/15/2010 14:19 (#1360633 - in reply to #1360509)
Subject: Multiple dynamics involved.

We certainly have a shortage of paper with the board rallying $1.50 in the past 75 days.

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/agricultural/grain-and-oilseed/corn.html

However, what is driving this?  Certainly changing fundamentals of demand and supply.. more demand.. and now possibly a lower supply (with the reduced yields.. golla I thought you guys in Ill knew how to raise corn..???)  Anywho.. there's also a lot of financial cross winds..  Value of the dollar.. no other better investments..??  Martians invading the CME and employing their world domination by corn pyramiding scheme... etc...  who knows?

Anyway.. we've seen this movie before.. and it didn't end pretty.. for a lot of people.  If at all possible... could we... soften the landing this time.. Here is the Dec chart for 2008

http://www.wdmatrix.com/ChartRoom/corn/cz2008.gif

A Missile shot to the the moon that flamed out at almost $8.00 (bye bye Verasun...) that crashed all the way back to $3.00 by Dec..  golly wasn't that fun?!?

INSTEAD of doing that... could we just try to hold things steady.. and raise more corn next year...????  Instead of everyone holding out for 9 or 10 or whatever.. and missing out on that then getting $3.00... Why not.. say.. $4.50 to $5.00 for 2.. TWO years or more???

We give up the top.. which nobody is gonna sell anyway.. HOWEVER, we'll also Keep the demand base.. and raise more next year... You guys in Illinois can do this.. I know ya can.. heck we'll even loan ya an extension agent or two.. "Compaction.. working the ground WET in the spring.. costs YIELD in the hot dry summer..."  You guys can do this!!! 

It will work way way better than nuking the demand base... trust me... and everyone.. gets to stay in business.. and life is wonderful again.  Heck we in Ks are doing our part..(and we're still not officially in the cornbelt..!?! btw.. where do we apply.. I mean come on.. we're raising more than Ohio now...?!?) anywho.. come on cornbelt guys.. be a player.. step up to the box and swing level.

What do you say?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)