AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Isn't It funny
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 9/6/2010 22:22 (#1349422 - in reply to #1349382)
Subject: RE: Wolf

North Central Illinois
Okay Aaron. You pose a fair question. Let me play devils advocate for a minute. Tara Farms has been crying record corn crop all year long. Since about $3.50 I believe. I assume you sold everything back when he first started preaching 170 and are now satisfied with the price you sold at versus the current price? Tara isn't a bad guy and had the balls and conviction to put his number out there and stick to it. Unfortunately for him mother nature intervened and his number is now not possible. The supply and demand thing has kind of gone against him as far as being a corn bear is concerned too. None of us has a crystal ball. If we did we sure as heck wouldn't be farming!! I don't think anyone on this forum talking about their bad crops is trying to fool the CBOT into higher prices anymore than I think Tara has been trying to fool them into lower prices. Everyone looks out their back door and projects that nationally. Illiniwek has got some really below average stuff for his area and thinks the whole cornbelt does. Tara has what may very well be the crop of his life and is short corn so naturally assumes that we are headed for a record yield. Everybody take a deep breath and relax. We are all in the same business. I firmly believe that these guys are posting what they truly believe in their heart even though they might be wrong. Lots of emotions at play here. Good luck to all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)