AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rockin horse taylor made
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Traveler
Posted 7/16/2010 17:36 (#1276014 - in reply to #1275764)
Subject: Where did you get your defects from?

East River SoDak
You stated in an earlier post you never have used Precision and never will. Then you say seven calves dead from it this year and the past years. Just curious. Let me be clear....in no way am i condoning using cattle with defects in them. There are enough good cattle that defective cattle don't need to be used and should be eventually worked out. On the other hand having some precision in a cow is no reason to immediately get rid of her. You nailed it when you explained stacking 1680. Also, just to be clear, i am not a breeder nor have any plans to be. We run commercial cattle but they are primarily angus. We have a handful of cows out of the only precision bred bull we've ever owned (a son of Precision E161 who is a son of 1680) and not a one has ever aborted let alone give birth to any type of a deformed calf. If you are having a big problem with abortions i would first look at your vaccination program as that will have far more of an impact on the number of abortions as the bloodline of your bull will.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)