AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rockin horse taylor made
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Markwright
Posted 7/16/2010 00:29 (#1275297 - in reply to #1275112)
Subject: RE: Plenty of +50 to +60 Milk epds

New Mexico
published on those +100 to +120 yearling epd cattle....just in case you failed to notice that.

Perhaps it just gets tough to Truely moderate cattle after selecting for a few stacked generations of mostly Only growth Ups.

Kept a couple cow packers fairly busy the past year cleaning up some Future Direction cattle.
btw, still cleaning up some too.

Tout "Precision" all you want. Pretty high defect rates on some of em.
Start with infertility ( Thank God for that...at least their NH defect eliminates some of em ).
Then move on to an AM calf or 5, then an FCS calf or 5, then have that happen about 4 calfing cycles in a row and you'll figure out even good Hereford bulls cannot fix that "little bit" of SOB Precision some idiot Angus folks thought was such a good deal for their once long term, but now previous customers.

Granted the afore perhaps means nothing to an Angus purist type like Yourelf....but I'm TIRED of it.
Just more dam stuff to have to keep track of, wasted feed on cows, then culling which should NOT even need doing.

I'm one that tends to feel that Many of the published supposed numbers on cattle simply lack Real credence.
Actual numbers, like Actual weighed BW, or Actual weighed weaning etc may or may not say some things...but predicted numbers tend to run towards more theory.

In theory, Practice and theory are the same. But in Practice it's really Not.

Walk thru ANY set of cattle and They tell you their Whole Past, Exact and Future story in a very Truthfull manner.

Their's is the ONLY story I really pay much attention to.

Keep in mind, bout the time You get all the Mexican so to speak bred out of any type of purebred cattle, then Your gonna start having plenty of problems on em.

Edited by Markwright 7/16/2010 04:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)