AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ahhhhhhh....... wireless is soooo much nicer than satellite
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 3/3/2007 23:43 (#114427 - in reply to #114410)
Subject: RE: Ahhhhhhh....... wireless is soooo much nicer than satellite

Southeast Wyoming

Dave, Burns is S6, 14N, 62W, my tower location is S7, 15N, 62W, midway on the west side of the section - so the tower is about 7 miles straight north.  No, it is not an obvious ridge unless you are a little kid on top of a load of hay; I could just about see the whole world from there.  I'd like to have a taller tower but this 70' x 18" face heavy tower just showed up at the right price; I hope to get it up and put a repeater antenna on it.  WISP would be a bonus.  Houses would need towers especially those house to the south and east as most old-time places have shelter belts on the north and west.

I'll have to talk with the phone company about exactly what goes past my house.  The fiber is construction less than 2 years old with a hub about 1/4 mile from the house.  That puts it about 2 1/4 miles from the tower.  The fiber goes within a mile of the tower; I could hook onto and extend the phone line from there to the tower.  As I understand DSL, that 2 1/4 miles is starting to push the limits for good service.

Thanks for the help!  Gary

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)