AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ahhhhhhh....... wireless is soooo much nicer than satellite
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chip
Posted 3/3/2007 21:53 (#114372 - in reply to #114106)
Subject: Like a dose of sugar

My experience, too.

For our private, wide area network I started with "x" brand, then moved to Tranzeo. I learned a lot more than I knew to start with. Stuff about Fresnel zones, polarization, degrees of antenna angle, antenna wire length, noise levels, etc etc.

Only bad thing if I had gone with Tranzeo in the first place is that I wouldn't have gained any further knowledge in any of that stuff. I wouldn't have needed to, because the Tranzeo stuff worked--and worked well--just like a "dose of sugar" to put it mildly. (not that I'm an expert by any means, anyway.)

One comment about the polarization--on one shot when I replaced the "other" brand with a Tranzeo--(4+ mile shot)--I accidently got the polarization mis-matched. STILL got BETTER throughput than with the other brand. I was getting over 8 Mbps with the wrong polarization (4-5 miles)!

I was thinking those panels are still 801.11--just the \a version(?)

I'm not saying there aren't any other good companies out there, or even that Tranzeo is the best--I really don't know. But I do know one company they are far superior over!

Edited by Chip 3/3/2007 21:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)