AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ahhhhhhh....... wireless is soooo much nicer than satellite
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 3/3/2007 09:51 (#114073 - in reply to #113982)
Subject: RE: Ahhhhhhh....... wireless is soooo much nicer than satellite

Southeast Wyoming

Dave, I've been meaning to contact you about the wireless system you were involved with setting up.  About 18 months ago I contacted a provider ("VB") out of Scottsbluff, NE (probably dlerwick's provider) about expanding to our area.  I have a 70' commercial grade tower ready for assembly on our ridge; VB said they were very interesting in coming to our area and would be close enough in Dec, 2005, to connect to my tower.  After Dec, I was told to contact an outfit ("ME") in Cheyenne, WY; ME was only slightly interested.  There is a lot of interest in a wireless system like yours in this area.  There is also a lot of misconception; one neighbor wanted it so he could get the internet with his laptop as he traveled the area.

With that background information, how difficult is it to get a system going from the ground up?  We have a lot of housing development in the area and my tower has good line-of-site to most of the county.  I'm real green on the subject - I don't know where we could get a signal for distribution, signal and equipment costs, and etc.

Please email me, if you prefer.  Thanks, Gary

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)