AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is On Star worth the cost?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

PPo
Posted 1/21/2010 14:57 (#1034161 - in reply to #1033548)
Subject: Re: Is On Star worth the cost?

If he left the truck, he should've been OK. In most (all?) places, the police can't prove that you drink before the accident if you've left the scene.

That's obviously not a reasonable reason to believe that he wasn't drunk, but reasonable and proof in court aren't always the same thing.

I remember seeing an episode of cops where some guy got drunk and left his car on the tracks. The police came, and they located the guy and brought him back and asked if he had been drinking, and he said "yes, I have, and after I couldn't get the car off the tracks, I went to my buddy's house and we've been drinking more beer." (he didn't say he didn't drink before the accident).

All the officer could do was chew him out and yell at him for leaving the scene, but he looked at his partner and said "he left the scene, we're not going to be able to prove he drank before he did", and he even notified the guy that he was pissed at him for leaving because he wasn't going to be able to bust him for dui. The guy was drunk as a skunk, he didn't laugh or snicker or anything, he just stood there with a glazed look on his face.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)