AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is On Star worth the cost?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

karl
Posted 1/20/2010 21:44 (#1033057)
Subject: Is On Star worth the cost?

Central Nebraska

We traded cars a couple months ago and got three months of On Star use with it. I imagine they thought that would be enough to get us hooked.

It's now time to decide if we want to renew it or let it drop.  My wife thinks we should get it (long story, she locked the keys in it first time she drove it) but I think it's way overpriced for what you get. If I understand right, it's from $200 to $400 a year depending on what you get and you have to buy your phone minutes on top of that at $40 for 100 minutes. We used those free 20 minutes up real fast just messing around with it.

We already pay for cell phones and I would just as soon use them as talk to the rear view mirror.  The big advantage I see is if you have an accident and your air bags go off you would probably get help sooner. Also I guess if you lock the keys in the car. Ford sure has a lot better remedy for that problem seems to me.

So far we don't travel much where we don't know the roads so I don't think the "Direction and Connection Plan" would get used much.  Also it seem to me it would be better to put that money toward a Garmin nuvi or something like that. Our car don't have the little TV screen.

I admit I don't know much about this stuff, so if I'm missing something I hope some of you that have had some experience with them will help me out.

Thanks

Edited by karl 1/20/2010 21:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)