AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remember 1992?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 4/23/2024 20:59 (#10716638 - in reply to #10716348)
Subject: Yield check

North of London
My memory is of '91 and then '92
'91 was first year I topped 9 t/ha of corn with 9.532 of dry corn harvested early
that set the stage for many with the long season many changed to longer varieties for '92 and the result was very high moisture and corn that would not mature.
I was fortunate since my records showed a relatively early variety for our area made the most $$ with good yield of relatively dry corn so less drying costs
Neighbour I worked with and my corn came off in low 30% range and elevator told us one of our loads tested 29.9% the only load they had in less than 30% and they did get corn up to 60% moisture.

So '91 set the stage for much pain in '92 but even with the 'low' moisture corn I had in '92 yield fell to 6.011 t/ha

All my records are in tonnes so not sure what those yields are in 56 lb units but 91 and then 92 sure stick out in my memory, good year and then terrible year

And just for reference last year my yield was 13.957t and it was a poor year for drying too with smoke from fires so genetics have improved in the past 30 years
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)