AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What’s life like in Kentucky/Tennessee?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 4/22/2024 14:56 (#10715619 - in reply to #10714223)
Subject: RE: What’s life like in Kentucky/Tennessee?

KY

I'm about an equal distance from Red-Green and Barren, SW of one and NW of the other. Our areas are very much alike, but further West than me and there are few hills to be found and much further east than them there's no flat spots to stand on. Bowling Green (my closest decent population and where we have to go for everything) is booming much like the Nashville/Memphis/Knoxville boom. Population is up something like 7,000 since 2019. Lots of good schools, anything you need is available as far as entertainment, medical, and food. Real estate and housing prices are a little out of touch lately, but I know that's not just here. What was a $200,000 home 4 years ago will easily fetch $360-400K now. Just remember, if you only want to move once, rural Ky is sometimes not a place to grow old unless you live along a main road. There's times in the winter here that we won't get mail for a solid week, trash truck won't come to empty my dumpster, and the County doesn't concern themselves if I have a tree across the road. I've even filled in some mudholes in our gravel road multiple times because they just won't get to it for months. When I was completely down in my back for two weeks and on a walker during the month of August a couple of years ago, my wife said "I don't know what I would do if this happened in the winter". Makes you think about it. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)