AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

opinion wanted
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdironman
Posted 3/22/2024 20:21 (#10675874 - in reply to #10675599)
Subject: RE: opinion wanted

Nw Iowa
I believe a cohesive family unit involves a lot more than giving dad maternity leave, basically making a employer pay for 6 weeks of unplanned leave. (If baby or mother have complications that is a different story) . What happens after the first 6 weeks? Does father just go to work and ignore the child from than on? . I understand if dad wants to take his one or two or three weeks vacation, to help his wife or take some shortened hrs etc, has told his employer about it, that was part of original job offer and wants to use that to support his family. But What about the other 18 years? Children are a big job, that doesn’t stop at 6 weeks. University has contracted to do the research, it is their problem. That is how business world works.if they can’t complete research because their employee is leaving I don’t think it is your problem. And if there is duplicate research, a good time to end the contract. Talking about what tax rates were 70 years ago is BS because how productive people were, how much less government regulation and fact that obviously people decided that taxing businesses to death maybe wasn’t the best idea to encourage investment etc.
We are dealing with record inflation and most libs cannot connect the dots that the more you tax the business or regulate it, the more the products or services the business make or provide are going to cost and reality it just hurts the people that these programs are designed to help end up paying more. There is no free ride which seems like a hard concept for many to comprehend.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)