AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

opinion wanted
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 3/22/2024 13:50 (#10675370 - in reply to #10674897)
Subject: RE: opinion wanted

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

nosworc - 3/22/2024 08:29 I am on a crop commission in my state. Recently we sat through 8 hours of researchers asking for money for continuing research on several things. one of the reserchers gave his proposed budget and asked for a substantial increase because his wife is pregnant and he has to hire an assistant so he can take leave. his research has value and is needed. but the added cost I dont believe is the commissions problem or the the problem of the growers who fund the commission. we vote on this stuff in a couple weeks. am I wrong in todays world for thinking this way?

He sounds a little like a former driver of ours. He ran his own truck, our trailer, a lot of miles, we paid him very competitively. He had a wife, 2 kids, 2 houses, 2 mortgages, and had no clue how to budget. Handed his wife his paycheck every week, she did as she pleased with that. When he had truck issues, there were no funds to fix the truck. Rinse and repeat. So, about every six months he'd come in and "I've gotta have more money. I can't afford to fix my truck. You have to raise the rate cause I need more money".  Translation: I can't manage money at all, in any way, shape, or form, so you need to give me more of it so my wife can spend it. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)