AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Torn meniscus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MaineFarmer
Posted 3/13/2024 04:41 (#10663168 - in reply to #10663135)
Subject: RE: Torn meniscus

coast of Maine
Steelcutter,My first was 20 years ago,I was kneeling in a pickup bed just for a few minutes but was moving items about.Hurt like heck for a couple weeks and made my other knee sore from odd weight transfer.I saw a bone doctor (I think) got an MRI and it showed a tear.They scheduled a scope surgery and trimmed the meniscus fiber,, post surgery I used a cold water circulator cuff for a couple weeks.The cure was fantastic.I learned from that point on NEVER kneel on any hard surface with out a cushion or knee pads.I will try and avoid any knee replacement as if it goes awry it is a life of knee aches or wheel chair.I have 2 friends with really bad issues from knee jobs done poorly.I use knee pads that strap around your leg when ever in the shop under rigging, roofing,or low carpentry jobs,kneeling on frozen ground is worse than concrete.I learned from a doctor that jumping off equip/trucks/ when young is perhaps the worst thing you can do to your knees.I have not jumped off anything in 20 years.Knee pads are cheap and actually in winter they keep your legs warmer,,who knew.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)