AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Torn meniscus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 3/12/2024 23:07 (#10663098 - in reply to #10663048)
Subject: RE: Torn meniscus

Been my experience if a young person that has tears they try to sew them up to heal. However requires leg brace no bending for like 6 months. Older people they go in trim them to stop catching of the bone. A pretty invasive operation, small insion, done with a scope. It will buy you time, lot of factors if that all you will need. However most people still continue to wear knees out, tear more.

Most go for replacements of joints over time. I've had one worked on quite a bit, scoped, etc. I either needed replacement or try something else. I just got regenerative shots in both knees last week. They take your blood, spin the good stuff out of it, also add amniotic fluid in with it to help rebuild in joint. Total of 40 minutes in clinic. Takes 3-4 weeks to know if it's going to really help you. However my knees already feel better than they did a week ago. I just posted about my experience today in stock talk this morning.

Don't know if it's going to work 100%, but I wanted to try if before replacements. Here is their website, you can email or call them. Wouldn't hurt to talk to them over the phone, tell them you have MRI to look at. https://www.mskguide.com/

Knee pain is a tough one. Faster you do something the better. The one problem is the regenerative shots aren't covered by insurance.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 3/12/2024 23:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)