AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Logging question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sg22
Posted 3/4/2024 09:56 (#10650918 - in reply to #10650554)
Subject: RE: Logging question

Southern, MN
The pulp mills weight everything so I got scale tickets when I dealt with logger (no idea if there was a skimmed load or not). I also found it extremely infuriating when I talked to the logger he told me $XX.XX a cord he was buying it standing from me. When I talked to the pulp mill they told me the exact same price for delivered as what logger was paying me for standing… what a head scratcher. Seemed almost like a game of pulp mill and logger playing against landowner. The saw material the Amish bought and guessing it was eye balled and low balled on cords. I guess weighing is probably only way to know for certainty that everything is accounted for. It seems to me there is lots of room too steal wood in that industry. Being it’s all estimated. But your going to have to do biz based on local reputation. Eventually a thief gets caught. I talked with county forester before I proceeded to see what they offered for ‘monitoring’ services. They would estimate cords standing then pop in to check on logger 1-2 times maybe measure pile. For there service they wanted 15% of sale and guaranteed nothing. I laughed and said I will let them steal 15% then. I think I knew enough to be close on estimating cords and based on how it all worked out I think I felt it was all fair.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)