AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Overhead in Ag
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

hinfarm
Posted 2/18/2024 21:37 (#10629670 - in reply to #10629439)
Subject: RE: Overhead in Ag

Amherst WI
jdironman - 2/18/2024 18:33

Sand you have valid points, but I feel all the consolidation is for coops sake, not customer. I think a lot of economies of scale get eaten up in layers of management and increased salaries. Implement dealers same, companies push consolidation, it is for mfg benefit, not customers. Anybody out there happier with large multi location ag center vs their old single location dealer? The only guys I know that are really saving money are bypassing all the castles. We still deal with our coop because of great service but I find it funny that one of guys on the board buys all his stuff direct from another supplier.

What often seems to happen here is that wherever the head shed is that's where all the money is spent. All the satellite locations get whatever scraps are left over.

There is a coop board election going on right now with one of the coops I do a little business with. They merged in the last 2 years, since then in an "effort to serve us better" they sold the local grain plant and closed to closest feed mill, we feel like we are the ice sheet floating away from land at this point.

I had no idea that they were having a board election until I got the ballot. Since coops have gotten so big now you don't know most of the board since they are so far away. I had to google the name I recognized and since he is also on a town board his number was listed there, so I called him and mentioned my concerns I wrote about above. Had a nice talk.

You would think they would include contact info in the candidates bio wouldn't you?!? Also you would think they would make board members contact info on the website wouldn't you?!? Negative on both accounts....

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)