AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef Tounge
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

JDpastor
Posted 1/12/2024 20:42 (#10570695 - in reply to #10570310)
Subject: RE: Beef Tounge

Tongue is great meat, but DO NOT cook it like a tongue. If you like beef roast, then cook it like a roast. Just throw some potatoes and onions in a big roaster with about an inch of water in the bottom. Dump in an ounce of olive oil and then put the tongue (or beef roast) on top of the potatoes and onions and then put in the oven at about 300 and let it cook slow. Temp check it and take it out when it is about 145*. It will be amazing.

If you like steak, then thaw the tongue and slice it about an inch thick and either broil it or fry it like a steak. If you like stir fry, then cut it into chunks and fry it up in a pan. If the look and texture of the skin bothers you then cut it off. If not, then just ignore it and chew all the meat off of it so that you do not waste any.

My mom used to boil it in salt water. That was the old Sweedish way of doing it. My wife thought tongue was terrible because that is what her mom did too. She thought she didn't like tongue until I made it one night and cut the skin off so she couldn't see it. She thought it was a really good roast and wanted more. Once she figured out it was tongue, she changed her mind and said she had enough. That left more for the boys and me.

Just remember that any meat will be tough if you boil it. Do not boil it unless you like tough meat. If you like tender meat that melts in your mouth, then cook it like a roast or a steak.

Edited by JDpastor 1/12/2024 20:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)