AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Letting the new guy spread wings.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

IADAVE
Posted 12/15/2023 13:49 (#10525764 - in reply to #10525725)
Subject: RE: Letting the new guy spread wings.

Sometimes it is best just to let them deal alone for a while.
My boy got into trucking and I tried to just help. Of course he drove also so if he was gone and stuff needed done I made it happen as best I could.
It turned out on more than one occasion he resented the help. It wasn't that what I did wasn't right, or even different than he would have done, it just wasn't his deal.
I tried to ask if what I was going to do was OK but that was less than successful as it got irritating to him for me to always ask.
I got to where I showed up late and would go do small things like sweeping the floor, washing stuff so I was close by if he asked for help.
On one deal we had equipment that needed fixed as it was impossible to replace. We worked on it most of one night and about half the next day. He went home. I could see we did not have the equipment or the materials on hand to do the repair, so I called in help. I called in someone who had both. My boy was furious with me but after about 3 weeks he realized we really didn't have much choice, plus he left me to work on it by myself.
Hopefully this will be the case for you.
Others I have helped , I just walked away as they were nasty and insulting.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)