AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kids' College Fund Ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DRester
Posted 5/31/2023 21:19 (#10251559 - in reply to #10251513)
Subject: RE: Kids' College Fund Ideas

Franklinton, LA
About 30 years back my nephew got a Chemical Engineering Degree from MS State. During his junior and senior year he paid his college cost and car notes with his academic scholarship and working for Dow as a Co-Op Student. A few weeks back my nephew's son graduated from MS State with a Chemical Engineering Degree. His academic scholarship and Co-Op earnings really helped. If you have a degree from MS State, regardless of where you live, your children can go there without paying out of state tuition.

A few minutes back I post photos of my grandson. His academic scholarship is saving my son a lot of money.

I think the important thing is to start talking to kids about college before they start kindergarten. My two sons took their children to the LSU campus when they were very young. They enjoyed seeing Mike the Tiger, Tiger Stadium and the LSU Campus. A few years later they took their families to some LSU football games. LSU offered my grandson a nice scholarship. However, by not having to pay out of state tuition, the MS State academic scholarship was a better deal.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)