AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ok, I was the paranoid one
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Lunatic Fringe
Posted 5/17/2023 03:28 (#10232161 - in reply to #10232064)
Subject: RE: Ok, I was the paranoid one

NE
Would you listen to yourself? Patty, Patty. You actually contested the will when you said I should tgive you half the house I inherited. Then several months later accused me of “ knowing “ what was in the will when you didn’t (as if that would make a licks worth of difference even if I did at that time. Doesn’t make any sense for me to contest anything in it, that would take away from it. You had a finger in my face (literally) telling me “ how I could possibly own two houses?” while proceeding to tell me how jealous I was of you right before kicking me out of your house remember? Now, why were you always bringing up what my sweat equity (words of our parents) was and shoving it in my face? You definitely reiterated to me how I didn’t deserve it. I didn’t think I was “ smarter than the attorney “ I thought he just missed the actual amount in the account because if you look at the equalization sheet it said 15k was in it but there was thirty. I sat in that parking lot and told myself I would feel guilty taking it all if half was yours. I didn’t handle it right I know so asked the attorney later and he said no it was actually supposed to be mine. Why ask him again if I’m smarter? As for “ hounding “ you? That started when I respectfully asked you if you wanted to settle it through an outstanding account that was split and you flat out ignored me. That’s when I knew you didn’t plan on giving it back. You could have said “ ok” but…..nothing. Did I not use tact? Absolutely correct, not a strong point I admit. I hit things head on. Let me clarify Patty. I called the attorney right before and after I cleared the final account. I did that to keep everything above the table and transparent. I said exactly what I was going to do and he told you this. Clear record of everything and I have it, the bank has it, and you can see exactly what was in it. There is a checkbook that is sitting right beside the sticky note I made that specifies that you get half of it ( minus the 15k of course) I gave you and him the reason. Your inherent need for power and control gave you the cojones to say “ NO” to our attorney when he explained it to you because you sure as heck weren’t listening to me were you?
I’m glad you brought up your divorce and how much you feel you got screwed because I wouldn’t. Every time we sat down with the attorney you brought it up and I thought “ yep, here we go again “. THAT is something that never should have been brought into the estate. Why bring it up here? Do you think it changes the estate? Is that why you wanted to drag it in? Do you think I would do that?

Patty, finally, I appreciate you giving me food sometimes but you know why I’m scared to accept it. I might not see you at the edge of the field I’m in and you won’t accept my apologies for not seeing you in time. You will claim I’ve done it on purpose. ( why I would do that is beyond me) My temper got the best of me but it didn’t change the facts of the case. Your refusal to listen to someone when they said sorry, sorry for things that weren’t even their fault is what I couldn’t understand. I “ gave” you a lot that I had receipts and proof of that I owned already and didn’t want to buy twice. I have land but very little cash as I bought you out of 1.2 mil in some very highly appraised property remember? The property that you said you got the “ poor dry land” and I got all the good irrigated? The property that was APPRAISED and equaled out in the equalization? I simply didn’t want to give anymore as I have many personal things to take care of with my own family as you do yours. Thank you.

Oh and BTW, yes you did say I was “ partly to blame for your divorce “ it is even in writing. I couldn’t figure that one out as I had great empathy for you at the time but accepting no responsibility for it while trying to put on my shoulders wasn’t going to go well. Empathy started to wane after that.

Edited by Lunatic Fringe 5/17/2023 03:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)