AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

got new bedroom set, need mattress help!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 7/21/2009 08:36 (#782606 - in reply to #782483)
Subject: RE: got new bedroom set, need mattress help!

central - east central Minnesota -

Air beds are 'ok . .. . I have one (select comfort) and I wouldn't neccessarly buy another one. Wife and I pretty much keep it at the same pressure/adjustment. It takes the companies foundation to work right (correct support) otherwise it is very hard to find the correct support accross the air bladders.

Bedding is one of the largest profit centers for a furniture store. Most all the brands are build the same. There is some good, better and best for materials, but not that much difference in material prices when all said and done. Most larger bedding / furniture stores have a comfort return policy - so ask about it. There are some stores that my offer a pressure point measuring machine - that measures your bodys pressure points on the mattress - it helps in selecting a mattress for your body/weight. A too soft or too firm mattress could give back problems or bad nights sleep. Get over the "shyness" and put on some clean clothes/socks and removeable shoes and go lay on some for awhile, who knows, you may get a good looking sales person to help select what good for your body.  LOL . When a person buys bedding - get a set. The boxsprings will be shot before the mattress in most cases, buy a matched set. If you find a set to work with your body (firm, med or soft) to save a few bucks, ask about Odds and Ends mattress/box spring sets (those that get returned for comfort reasons). If they are clean, generally they are pretty good buys. I haven't been around the industry for 4 or 5 yrs now, but they used to offer no-flip (only one side has the padding and can be used). Biggest rip-off, marketing ploy of the national brands. Don't fall for it. mattress's need to be flipped an rotated to keep the body depression (ware) out of them. They last longer . . .

There was a company that offered a spring/summer side and a fall winter side. If I recall, the spring/summer side had a synthictic top (nylon or polyester) and the fall/winter side was cotton. Another marketing ploy -

A good knowledgable salesperson will ensure you get what works for your body. Ask questions to ensure you get a knowledgable salesperson. Good luck with your selection

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)