AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight counts too many acres
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 5/13/2008 22:36 (#377491 - in reply to #377459)
Subject: Re: Insight counts too many acres

Hillsboro, AL

Ted, here is the problem that I ran into that causes me to say the you can't have a phantom valve.

I am running a sprayer with a 60/90 boom.  We have some wheat that was planted last fall before we bought the sprayer.  We were running a 60' sprayer at that time so we put the tramelines in wheat at 60'.  I had fits trying to configure the new sprayer to run both 60' and 90'.  I finally had to create 2 configurations to do it.  Autosteer gets the swath width from the implement width, so you cannot just turn off the outside 2 sections.  Your lines will still be based on 90'.  I have 6 boom sections at 15' each with 6 valves.  Setting up the 90' configuration was no problem and straight forward.  But the 60' configuration was difficult.

First I said I had 4 boom sections at 15' each. That is 60'.  But that made boom valves 1-4 active.  I needed to use valves 2-5.  Ok, I will remap the switches.  I mapped switch 1 to valve 2 and switch 2 to valve 3 and so forth.  But when I got to switch 4, there was no valve 5 to map to.   The configuration said 4 sections so there was no valve 5 in the menu.

My next idea was to say I had 6 sections and section 1 and 6 had a width of zero.  But the InSight will not accept a boom section width of zero.  If I remember right, the smallest number it would accept was .004 feet.  So I ended up with 6 sections. Section 1 was .004', section 2 was 14.996', section 3 was 15', section 4 was 15', section 5 was 14.996' and section 6 was .004'.  I then unplugged valves 1 and 6 so that they could not be accidentally turned on.  That was the only was I could get a 60' configuration on a 90' boom.  Again, this is with autosteer and auto section control.

If you can come up with a better way, I am all ears. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)