AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land x and y generation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jreiser
Posted 9/24/2010 09:04 (#1372264 - in reply to #1372148)
Subject: Re: Land x and y generation

nc Ne
I don't know how it always was but a lot of the ground used to sell on contract . Now they want cash. Nothing against the older generations but I also think that a lot of them hoard there earnings rather than letting a new generation start . I know some that go till it is to late to make an impact in a younger persons life . If you have the size or the cash is where a lot of the deals go. It is tough to get that combination if you can't get any extra. livestock is what I use here. (but that requires work of a diffrent nature than farming) . THis would be my advice . Get to fsa research how to get the maximum dollars . ( with wife diffrent entitys etc) Look for a good piece of property with the maximum dollars that you can get . Don't be afraid to look at a marginal piece if the price will work.Then buy the place and the equity will start to build. Don't get all your money tied into iron or it will not work in my opinion. There are good pieces of equipment that are obsolete for many . Ear plugs are cheap. There is a possibility with the estate laws and intrest rates you may be able to deal directly with the landowner again. Say if they can only get 2% cd and you are at 4.5% may be able to deal again. Luck has a lot to do with opportunity!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)