AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ground for developement/solar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

BEARCAT225
Posted 2/18/2024 20:49 (#10629571)
Subject: Ground for developement/solar

East Central Indiana
Question for the guys who may have been in this situation before.

I bought a farm about 5 years ago for a decent price. It's 46 acres. Not prime by any means, but average for the area. It borders a growing town/city's limits. There is a small industrial park between me, a state highway, and an interstate.

I was approached by a solar company that is building a decent sized, maybe 500 acre solar farm directly across the county road from it. They are offering decent money for the "30 year contract".

They also just built a new hospital and another dr office within a quarter mile of it. That ground sold for 52k an acre. I would like to sell mine to the city for developement rather than signing a solar contract.

I am in my mid 30's with 3 kids. My wife and I both work full time and I farm 1200 acres with my dad, so if i could sell it for good money and 1031 it thats the plan. Is my ground worth the same 52k an acre that they built a hospital on. I am not a solar farm fan, but with the $$ they offered and also mentioning it was negotiable, it's hard to pass up on that money too.

Anybody here have any insight or experience? New territory for my family.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)