AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gleaner or Caseih
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

beh
Posted 2/15/2009 20:23 (#610376 - in reply to #610181)
Subject: Re: Gleaner or Caseih

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
Knowing that, to me it would all depend on how much you dislike your dealer. Support is important, but $20K less for a much larger machine would make it awfully tempting. I would think that that lower cost would result in a somewhat reduced cost of ownership, though I have nothing solid to base that on. That is just my take though. In those yields I feel that you would see a significant gain in productivity by going with the R62, but if it is sitting it doesn't do anyone any good.

I am not real high on some of Agcos quality issues on these newer machines, but due to the money issue, and what I feel is superior design, it is what we continue to run...

Heads--I am a Deere head man.

Prior to these new generations of flex heads, the 900 series Deere was hard to beat. Abundant, parts availability, dependable, performance, etc. Easy to get into and out of is probably the biggest reason though. We have a nearly new Agco 30 foot big auger rigid head, been on a combine less than 400 hrs. I would sure like to see $9000 out of it, but good luck getting anyone to even come look. That soured me on oddball heads.

Corn heads, we run Deeres, but the Huggers seem to have a tremendous reputation and have some performance benifits over the 43 and 93 series Deeres, the gathering chain length being the biggest draw towards the Hugger heads. I would sure look at one the next time we update heads.

Drapers--Macdon with Deere adapter. That is all we will buy.

That is my .02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)