AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gleaner or Caseih
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

beh
Posted 2/15/2009 16:23 (#610048 - in reply to #609950)
Subject: Re: Gleaner or Caseih

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
Where are you at, or more importantly what do raise? What sort of yeilds? How much productivity do you need? What sort of heads will you be running?

Given the two options you have presented, unless the R62 came at an extreme price premium to the 2366, I would go with the R62, as it is a bigger machine, especially with a few modifications. If you were looking at a 2388, I would probably lean that way, as I am not a huge fan of the 2 feeder chains in a Gleaner, and from my Massey experiences (Axial rotaries) Agco has gotten so cheap with their metal, assembly, and quality control on combines.

It really depends a lot on the questions above. Hilly, I might switch back to a R62. Primarily wheat I would probably lean towards the R. Really depends.

In headers--I know the money for a bish seems high but in the whole scheme of things it is insignificant. The wanted adds here might do you some good in looking for an adapter.

Just a side note--did not get back to your question in this thread for a couple days and wanted to make sure you got it:
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=84649&posts=4#...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)