AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn on Corn vs. Corn on Bean Yields
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mlebrun
Posted 10/31/2008 08:47 (#494688 - in reply to #494549)
Subject: RE: Corn on Corn vs. Corn on Bean Yields

SW MN and Gold Canyon AZ
Corn on corn ,using hog manure was as good as corn soy rotation using same treatment.
Corn on corn beat soybeans here on net per acre big time again. Its why I plant 70% corn 30% beans.
Best corn I had was corn on corn with 2yrs in a row hog manure.WOW what a difference in yield!!
Putting more corn on corn next year, with manure as fert. Fields will be ripped after application is done. We stalk chopped the field to get better incoporation of the manure. They have a hard time with long stalks and disc covering equipment. Works good on untouched bean stubble.
Those big tanks really pack the ground, so we rip the ends on the bean ground where they pack it so bad.
Amazingly the yields on those ends do not seem to be affected the next year. Yield monitor doesn't show much yield reduction this year. Compaction is over rated in my opinion in these northern climates.
Also I can say with out a doubt, lower N rates and lower fertility fields suffered yield reductions. I haven't had a chance to really analize my yield maps yet but I got my soil tests back on several fields and the corelation between fertility and yield was there. The extra N strips paid off from what i could see so far.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)