AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grid sampling and tissue testing.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

LHaag
Posted 10/31/2008 00:27 (#494523 - in reply to #494373)
Subject: RE: Grid sampling and tissue testing.

Colby, Kansas
Carl,

In reference to pulling a sample from each of the 4-wheeler tires "If the management grid is small enough, this is a very, very good technique." I'm not sure that I agree with that statement. If those four samples are going to be composited with some others within that grid cell to be analyzed for a value thats fine. But as I understood the situation, these four cores were going to be analyzed for a value for that grid. That number from the analysis is supposed to be representative of some area. An analysis done on 4 cores isn't very representative of anything be it the field, the grid cell, or the area the 4-wheeler is parked over.

I know all situations are different but examples common in my area, if any type of banding of fertilizer or grazing of livestock was going on, 1 out of 4 cores to be abnormally high in something (P) will certainly affect the lab value and could lead to bad data (generally worse than no data).

I apologize if I'm missing something here, It generally concerns me when I'm not in agreement with you.

Lucas

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)