AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making use of the No-till payment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 9/27/2008 08:39 (#470244 - in reply to #470147)
Subject: Re: Making use of the No-till payment

Aberdeen MS
Paul.... when I asked those same questions, the answer was a plane does very nicely before the crop is off. Maybe.... maybe not... but you well know "here" all the planes run liquid. I don't know IF any of them have a dry unit sitting around. Add to that it's anywhere from a 20 - 40 mile one way trip... the economics kind of hinder the process.

And like you said..... grain "here" still has frost in the ground when seeded. I don't care what kind of a "sponge" you have on top..... taking an average of 60" snowfall in the winter melting down in the spring and try to get rolling by mid April..... forget burn down. Can barely get the seeding equipment through the field... let alone trying to drag a sprayer around. Flying on chemical "here", the choice is very limited to what they will use. No Roundup flown on "here"... lawsuits are just too great.

It's great when you can spend someone else's dollar.....LOL. When the economics fall behind the agronomics, the farm doesn't stick around very long.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)