AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making use of the No-till payment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 9/26/2008 15:08 (#469886 - in reply to #469848)
Subject: Problem is...............

The regulations you are bound by are not realistic for actually gaining any knowledge of how no-till should work. Each farmer has an idea of his/her soils health. "here" in the willamette valley, soil types, slope angles, and water tables, etc., vary greatly. The rules set forth to get the payment, dont take any of that varience into consideration.

I have to admitt I am a bit puzzled this year here locally. I thought for sure with the price of fuel and wear items, no-till or at least minimum till would make a great debut. I have never seen so much plowing as I have this fall. Absolutely incredible. I cant say I blame them much though. Too many people's first trys at the no-till thing go bad or are very shaky looking at best and yet those trials are the most talked about thing at any social get together with farmers. (all bad) Some of the things that were said about my trys are now getting back to me. WOW !!! Now that we have actually purchased a production no-till drill, I'm looking forward to hearing some more negative stuff. Maybe next year,now that I have a little better understanding of the no-till thing, will show some good return.

I aint selling our plow either. Its a great tool that has its place....."here".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)