AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Couldnt take it any more. Bought me a combine!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 9/24/2008 07:23 (#468126 - in reply to #467330)
Subject: Re: Couldnt take it any more. Bought me a combine!

You're welcome. Anything to help broaden your horizons. I don't recall saying that Gleaner was God's gift to combines, but they do have a remarkably effective cleaning system for small grains that is difficult for any other combine to match. See, I'm talking parts and systems of combines, and you're talking whole machines. There isn't one combine that has the best of everything. If you could take one part from one and another part from another and so on, you might have a good start. So I didn't say everything else was junk. I am saying that when comparing cleaning systems, nothing is more effective than a Gleaner in small grains.

As far as Gleaner and White rotors are concerned, they both have their strengths. The White 9700 was the "LEXION" of its day - nothing could match its shear capacity and size. White set the bar and it took a long time for the industry to catch up. It was likely too big, especially during the turbulent early 80s, which didn't do White any good financially trying to sell a big, exepensive machine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)