AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Couldnt take it any more. Bought me a combine!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mad Max Perf
Posted 9/20/2008 01:59 (#464928 - in reply to #464917)
Subject: Re: Couldnt take it any more. Bought me a combine!

North Western Alberta
Ha Ha big fella! It has the aluminum walker blocks. And, I already dun have the 'lectric ottermajic grease gun. Its a fancy fallootin one! I will be sure to for the heck out of the grease gun on those blocks. They seem to have a teeny bit of play, is that normal? Or should they be right tight, cause he put the new walker shaft in there too when he put these aluminum ones in there. He had the wood ones from the factory.

I will be sure to let you guys know what I got, and all that jazz once I get a good 50 hours on it, and know it a bit. This ole' 230 beat up worn out head just dont look right on there now. Guess I will have to find a nice clean 924 header for it too! Father in law says there are some decently priced auger extension kits out there, cause right now, I cant hardly get to the truck. I have to back in at an angle. Thats just an accident waiting to happen. Man, I wont miss that 8820 A BIT!!!! I cant believe how unreliable it has been, but I dont think the fella that owned it took very good care of it, and it had been outside lots. So, this one will get babied. Wifey is excited to run it, cause she does alot of my combining. I guess I spoil her. Now, I need to pull the ole 8820 home, after harvest, and drop the hydro out of it. Fix it, and run it through the auction in spring.

Oh, and Rich you big Yeti! I was kinda wishing that I could round up a nice clean Case IH rotary. Id be willing to try one, after the trouble this ole' girl had. Maybe an ole' 1460 or 80 will be a good spare backup combine. --Bubba

Edited by Mad Max Perf 9/20/2008 02:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)