AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Torn or Tedbear
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/27/2008 06:16 (#444157 - in reply to #443716)
Subject: Re: Torn or Tedbear

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
This really shouldn't be this hard - but I admit that it can be confusing.

Assuming you use the standard data cable for the 132, it will terminate in a 9 pin female and have a couple of loose wires for power and ground in.

At this point the connection will look like most other GPS receiver cables. That cable being a male would plug into a PC serial port or other device that has a male 9 pin to mate with it. Attaching power and ground would give you a working system.

It would not plug directly into an Ag Leader since they also have a female 9 pin connector in their harness.

We make a gender changer, null modem extension with external power for this situation. This cable is used mainly in combine situations but will work elsewhere. This cable has a 9 pin male on the Ag Leader end that uses pins 2,3,4,5 & 6 only. This cable has a 9 pin male on the other end with pins 2,3 & 5 with a pair of wires leading to a separate weatherpak for power and ground.

Our cable accomplishes all that is necessary. 1) it is an extension to gain length 2) it has male pins on both ends 3) it swaps pins 2 & 3 - null modem part 4) it provides power out on the GPS end.

We also make a similar cable for an Ag Leader PF Advantage. The difference there is that the Ag Leader end has a 15 pin connector rather than a 9 pin connector.

Some might ask why we don't just make a cable that goes directly from the 132 to the Ag Leader rather than use their data cable connected to our adapter. There are several reasons but the main one is that we cannot find a source for the special round connector that goes into a 132.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)