AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions about Coors & cell phone differential service
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cbSCNE
Posted 8/18/2008 08:43 (#437687 - in reply to #437641)
Subject: Re: Questions about Coors & cell phone differential service

South central, Nebraska
It is good to hear you have gained confidence in the cell system you use to support this GPS system.

I find it interesting you remark the delay has not caused problems with gps accuracy. I was just thinking about the voice delays you can hear at times when you have a land line and cell phone next to each other during a conversation. There must be some code at work to account for real time data vs delayed dated but I guess that is what all this correction is all about!

I think the concern many people have with relying in cell phone COVERAGE is, most of us experience a lot of dropped calls, questionable voice reception quality, and signal strength that my go from 5 bars to no signal in an instant.

You have a phone you purchased for data communication. Is it any different than a typical phone we all use for voice communication and/or does it matter? What I mean by that is do you need a signal 100% of the time to get quality gps fixes via cell internet like you need when talking on the phone? OR, is the cell internet data stream able to be collected in broken segments and assembled to create accurate fixes? If so, then it is much easier to understand how a questionable coverage area my be able to provide the necessary signal to create good gps fixes. What might the maximum time be to maintain accurate fixes?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)