AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Questions about Coors & cell phone differential service
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Tom N
Posted 8/17/2008 23:42 (#437515 - in reply to #437315)
Subject: Re: Questions about Coors & cell phone differential service

Missouri river bottom south of Sioux City, IA
Hi Don

Likewise, I value your input on this issue of using CORS versus owning your own base. I’m guessing you have more hours using it then anyone on this board. For you, that includes the early days of trial and error. In your case it was worth the effort to pursue this as you stated that you’re satisfied with the results.

How do we test for 100% coverage with 900Mhz radio? After the base is setup we initially drive out in all directions from the base to see how far the signal will cover at that particular time of the season. We take into account the foliage of the trees. Yes, we do find blockages and those can be remedied with stationary repeaters. If the customer runs into a signal blockage that we did not catch then a mobile repeater is brought in to take care of the issue. We have some options here to fix the problem. I’m wondering what can you do when using the cell phone to get better signal when running into a signal blocked area. It looks like to me that more cell towers are needed, especially in rural Iowa locations that are away from the interstate.

Tom N.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)