AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts on the Hybrid cars, Toyotas, etc.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

EquipmentJunkie
Posted 3/26/2008 08:58 (#342118 - in reply to #341309)
Subject: RE: Thoughts on the Hybrid cars, Toyotas, etc.

Have you looked at a Chevrolet Malibu or Saturn Aura? Those two cars would be at the top of my list and I tend to drive German cars. I would guess that you would fit in them, as well. Also, the fuel mileage would be similar to the Camry. The domestics ARE making cars of a quality level equal to Honda or Toyota but popular opinion will tell you otherwise.

My family's experience with VW TDI cars has been excellent. We have had four of them over the last 12 years. I routinely saw 45+ mpg in my daily commute over two-lane roads in my '00 Golf. Brace yourself, used prices are quite high due to demand. I'd buy a new VW if possible due to having a full warranty and the price difference.

The hybrids would scare me if I planned on putting the miles like you are planning to. Hybrids are a relatively new technology that could become very costly to keep on the road when you reach 150K+. I think that hybrids have some real flaws when you look at them carefully. Europeans are saying the same thing. Here is an interesting link:
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/used_ca...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)