AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts on the Hybrid cars, Toyotas, etc.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 3/25/2008 07:03 (#341309)
Subject: Thoughts on the Hybrid cars, Toyotas, etc.

I enjoyed reading the posts about buying ecom. cars vs. pickups and seeing a fiqures to compare costs to justfy spending. With that said, I'm looking at buying my wife a new car. She puts about 25,000 miles on a year to work, and driving kids to fuctions, etc. I try to buy new or very low miles(less than 10,000 miles on them). We never get rid of a car with less than 230,000 miles on them. They are still in great shape, but high miles( not worth anything). I've never put a trany in anything nor a engine, knock on wood! Same with my trucks too!

We've been looking at the Toyota Hybrid Camry, I've always been a GM car guy, close to dealers, etc. But GM doesn't have a car that I can fit into nor that I like the milage on. After looking at the Toyota and driving the 4 and 6 cly. gas. I kind of like them, but I'm thinking the Hybrid will get better milage, but after running the numbers 30 mpg. for gas 4 cly. and 40 mpg. for the hybrid. I can save a few thousand dollars over the life of the car. I'm hoping more. These darn thing should get better milage, I'm thinking.

The wife wants to buy cheaper model of Camry, I'm telling her to get the loaded down model, because she spends so much time on the road, basically her second office. She works hard at her day job, plus help some on the farm. When I pencil it out, it's just few cents more a mile to go loaded down model vs. cheaper one.

Does anybody have a Camry Hybrid? Do you like it? I could buy the loaded down 09' 6 cly. gas for $25,500 or a 09' loaded with everything Hybrid for $28,700( it had even more stuff than the 6 cly. gas did). So it's just about sixes on the cars. I guess I willing to try a jap rockets LOL. I'm just looking for something better than GM makes, they are ok, but for today's tech. advances they should be better.

It's interesting the Hybrid doesn't have oil in the trany. I would like to see just how well it will hold up. GM and Ford, Dodge need to get their act together it looks like to me.

Any thoughts on the Hybrid cars?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)